Tuesday, March 1, 2011

+ loving: Nakemeguro House by Level Architects

Dear friends, I hope you have all been well, and that the week is treating you nicely! Gosh, is it March already! How crazy is that? Season wise, the weather is definitely taking a cooler change... But I still cherish the every other warmer days that as autumn creeps into play.

It's been a little drier in the inspiration section for me this past week, and I've been more focused on looking for new sparks to keep the light going. If you have anything you would like to share, please do not hesitate to let me know! I think some days I see too many of the same thing, and need a bit of freshness! And I would rather spend more time churning out quality posts which would in turn inspire you, than to fill your reader with heaps of posts which you might just breeze through without much thought.

Having said that, there's this one thing which put an immediate smile on my face this morning, so I thought I'd share it with you. Hope you'll enjoy it too!




The Nakemeguro House, by Level Architects of Japan, is one of those fun home you would enjoy being in. The main feature is obviously the slide, which goes along one side of the house, spanning 3 levels. A flight of stairs hugs the other side of the house, joining to the top of the slide. There is also a pocket opening along the side of the slide on the 2nd floor, allowing you to pop in and out mid way.

The flow of movement and interaction with the space is what I love most about the design. That, and the images of the children having fun moving around the house with the slide.

Images of other areas in the house are also included; the void space in the middle of the house seem like a fun/ playful to be too!

All images from Level Architects, found thanks to Home Sweet Home.

1 comment:

  1. i like it.. keith want this special house

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...